First pic of ‘pillar of community’ dad stabbed to death defending his son in bus row

This is the first picture of a tragic father and football coach stabbed to death in front of his young son.

Tunde Fadayomi’s son desperately tried to help him as the dad was repeatedly stabbed in the doorway of a chicken shop in Willesden, north-west London, on Thursday.

Harrowing video posted on social media shows the moment the father was fatally wounded as witnesses screamed in horror and others tried to intervene.

The 40-year-old is said to have been protecting his son, who is believed to be 14, after he was threatened on a bus before a row spilled into the street.

Another clip recorded moments earlier showed two men arguing on the top deck of a packed bus and then beginning to make their way off the vehicle.

Tributes were paid to Mr Fadayomi as the Met Police investigated his death as a murder, MyLondon reports.

Vanessa, a neighbour, said of Mr Fadayomi: “He was the most humble guy I have ever known. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“He was always walking his dogs.

“I’m still in shock. A bad word never would come out of his mouth.

“He was always with that little boy since he was born (his son).

“He’s a football coach. He was a pillar of the community. It really breaks my heart.”

A witness, who comforted the victim’s distraught son after the incident, said: “I was coming from across the road. I saw him on the floor in a pile of blood. It’s the first time I have seen something like that.

“They were trying to save him. There were four or five people trying to save him.”

The witness added: “It’s sad, it’s really sad. I saw him and he said ‘he was my dad’ and I gave him a hug. It was horrible.

“He was on his scooter. He was just running around he just didn’t know what to do.

“I asked him and he said it was his dad.”

Video showed people comforting a young man, thought to be the victim’s son, in the aftermath of the incident.

A police spokesperson said: “Police were called by London Ambulance Service at 5.11pm on Thursday, 29 April to a report of a man suffering from stab wounds on High Road, NW10. Officers attended.

“Despite the best efforts of the emergency services, the man, aged 40, was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.”